Friday, July 9, 2010

Our Newest Guest

Yesterday evening I walked out in the new pasture to see if I could get to the pond to check out what was going on down there.  I found a little trail to the water and I did wonder for a mintue what was making the trail.  It was too big to be rabbits.  I just about gave myself and a young deer a heart attack when it popped up out of the bushes about two feet from me.  I heard it first and had just enough time to think, "uh oh, that sounds big" but before I could panic it leaped up and I saw its beautiful face.  Amazing.  I've never seen a solitary deer before. 

Did I mention we have wild turkeys too.  So cool.  I think I'm going to like it here.  It suits me well.

2 comments:

Jayke said...

The wonders of living in the country! I miss it so much.

OneDandyHorse said...

Deer can surprise you for sure! We mostly have solitary deer at this time of year, unless they have their fawns with them... We have such a beautiful wildlife in America. Our wild deer graze right aside our horses which makes for a nice picture moment...