Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Let's Go Show

Sunday is our first show of the season and our first WP show. It's just a schooling show but I'm nervous. I think because it's my first western show and I still so uncomfortable in the clothes/hat. It's also my first show with Grace and while she's doing really well she's not the kind of horse you can just throw away and let her do her job. I don't want to have to do too much correcting in front of a judge but I'm hoping if we warm up really well, we'll be ok. And it's just a schooling show for fun, right? Of course this year they changed the schedule so western is first. Last year English was first back when I was showing English. I swear they just do it to make me more nervous! I'm also nervous for my niece. It will be her first show ever!! She's going to ride in the 14-17 walk/jog classes.


I want to stay and do the English classes just because it's my comfort zone. I don't have a bridle that matches my new CC saddle though. And we haven't practiced at all. And Grace isn't really big enough to be an HUS horse. Man, if only she was like a hand taller her life would be so much easier. She wants to be an english horse. But there isn't usually a ton of competition at this show and she's probably nice enough we should place. I don't know why but I'm being weird about doing it. For some reason I don't want to tell the trainer I want to do the english classes. See, weird.

The leather guy called about my chaps yesterday. He's got the leather picked out and he's going down to town to pick it up on Saturday. I went and dropped off a deposit yesterday. Should only be about two weeks now. How cool is that?

So, I need to go pick up a show blanket on Saturday and my new trailer. I also need to make sure the kiddo has a belt and acceptable jeans. So much to do and so little time! I'm also supposed to squeeze in some lessons on Tax. Sigh...

Hopefully my next post will be all about how we did!!!

3 comments:

Jayke said...

Good luck!

Yankecwgrl said...

Ohhhhh have fun!!!
and RELAX for crying out loud, it's an OPEN show! have fun! Enjoy! Don't stress, I'm sure your mare will pick up on that.

Enjoy, get pics, and BLOG about it when you get home!!
can't wait to hear about it.

Amy said...

Good luck! I am an adult and I have never showed, my goal this summer is to get Lic calm enough to do some halter and walk/jog WP at our local schooling show, and I know I'm gonna get my ass kicked by some little kids!!! But I don't care, I just want to do it, I'm still nervous though.

Do the damn English classes! I'm going to show Lic in Halter, and she is SO not a halter horse, but I think she needs a couple in-hand classes to get used to the whole show thing before we actually ride her in a class! Do what your horse wants to do, I bet you'll place.