Thursday, April 22, 2010

Up Next

Saturday Sister and I will be going on another cattle drive/sorting. I can't wait to have another story to share and the weather is supposed to be fantastic. This time we're being brave and taking our own horses. Sister is taking Promise and I will be taking Grace. And we'll be joined by our barn owner Duane and his very reliable QH named Jester. I'm so excited for an opportunity to do something different with Grace to bond and just let her be a horse instead of picking at her gaits for showing pleasure. I think it will be good for both of us. AND she should be nice and tired the next day.

Sunday is another local schooling show. My western show saddle is in the shop having the stirrups fixed (they couldn't be shortened without cutting down the fenders) so I'm going to only ride in the english pleasure classes and then just hang out for a little bit. I think I'm going to this one alone and it will be a good chance to just ride her in the warm up ring and let her get used to all the horses being around.

It's going to be another busy weekend and hopefully I'll get some great pics on the cattle drive again.

1 comment:

Jayke said...

Sounds like fun! I would love to be able to take part in a cattle drive, it sounds like such a low pressure way to get started with cows. Take loads of pictures!